If you have children, you know how much of a hassle road trips and vacations can be.
Picking something everyone will like and getting everyone on the same page, not to mention the cost of taking everyone, can be quite expensive.
Pigeon Forge has a variety of free activities for kids so your checkbook stays happy and everyone finds something they would like to do!
1. Feed Ducks at the Old Mill.
a. You can also watch the wheel on the side of the mill turn, which is quite beautiful.
2. Hiking all the trails in the park.
3. Visit Patriot Park.
a. Here there is the “liberty” bell, all state flags picnic pavilion and historic patriot missile.
4. Take a stroll through the Christmas Place.
a. Let’s be honest—who doesn’t love Christmas? No matter the age we all have the child in us who still believes in Santa Clause!
5. See fudge being made at the various candy stores.
a. You might get lucky enough to get a free sample!
6. Check out the Little River Railroad and Lumber Company Museum.
a. It is free admission with an indoor and outdoor museum.
7. Fan of Dukes of Hazzard—Don’t miss Cooters in Gatlinburg.
a. Free to take a tour through the museum.
8. Visit of our many natural waterparks—like the “Y” at Townsend.
9. Bike the greenway.
10. Picnic at Chimney Tops.
No matter your cup of tea, there is always something to do in our Great Smoky Mountains!