Our Great Smoky Mountains and Pigeon Forge are full of fun-filled, outdoorsy activities for spring and summer! Many locals and out of towners love to go rafting at three different locations. Choose between the Big Pigeon River, which happens to be ranked the #3 River in America, Ocoee and the Nantahala River and get out on the water!
Whether it is your first time racing down the waterway or you’re an experienced rafter, here are five tips that will ensure you have an amazing time!
1. Always remember river etiquette.
2. Wear water-friendly clothing and shoes. AND bring a change of clothes!
3. Know your resistance level.
4. Make sure you bring a waterproof camera.
5. Wear water-resistant sunblock!
Have other favorite places to get on the rapids in the Smokies area? Let us know! Stay up-to-date with all the latest news going on in Pigeon Forge by subscribing to our E-Newsletter! Get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful spring weather!