Each April, during the presidentially-proclaimed National Park Week, we join with the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, to celebrate America’s treasures. National Park Week is a time to explore amazing places, discover stories of history and culture, help out, and find your park!
Celebrate National Park Week 2020 from April 18 to 26! Parks across the country host a variety of special programs and events with a focus on digital experiences in 2020. To kick off National Park Week, all entrance fees are waived on Saturday, April 18! There are also special days during the week to highlight the different ways everyone can enjoy national parks.
- Saturday, April 18: Junior Ranger Day/Fee Free Day
- Sunday, April 19: Volunteer Day
- Monday, April 20: Military Monday
- Tuesday, April 21: Transportation Tuesday
- Wednesday, April 22: Earth Day (Wild Wednesday)
- Thursday, April 23: Throwback Thursday
- Friday, April 24: Friendship Friday
- Saturday, April 25: Park Rx Day
- Sunday, April 26: Bark Ranger Day
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
April 18 - 26