If you want to experience the thrilling sensation of skydiving but the idea of jumping out of a perfect good plane scares you silly, why not consider indoor skydiving instead? Flyaway Indoor Skydiving in Pigeon Forge allows you to experience skydiving without actually having to take the leap into thin air.
This is the first vertical wind tunnel in the USA, an amazing facility that allows you to break the bonds of gravity and experience the feeling of free-falling through the air. The vertical wind in this tunnel is so strong that it will keep you suspended in the air so that you can feel weightless. Your body will ‘float’ in mid air in the vertical wind tunnel, giving you an incredibly similar sensation to the feeling of skydiving.
The wind tunnel at Flyaway is a popular training site for military units, competition teams and sport skydivers – but anyone can give it a try even without any experience. The friendly and helpful staff will give you a briefing and all of the equipment you need for a safe and fun flight.
Why Go Skydiving Indoors?
What are some of the advantages to indoor skydiving? Here are a few of the reasons why you might consider skydiving without the plane:
- You will have more time in freefall, as you will not be heading toward the ground.
- Also, you won’t have to worry about deploying a parachute, just simply manoeuvre out of the air stream and land on your feet when you are finished.
- You can move your limbs in order to float upward or downward or move in different directions, giving you the chance to fly like a superhero.
- Nearly anyone can give it a try. Normal skydiving companies will not allow young children or overweight individuals to skydive, but with indoor skydiving people of nearly all ages and most weights can participate. The only requirement is that you are in good general health and don’t have any shoulder or back problems.
- Indoor skydiving can be a great way to do a “practice run” to see if you will enjoy actual skydiving.
- It’s fun! The sensation of floating weightlessly in the air is unforgettable.
What to Know Before Indoor Skydiving
So you are ready to try indoor skydiving? If you want to watch and see how it is done before you take your first flight there is an observation deck where you can see others as they float in the air.
When you visit FlyAway Indoor Skydiving in Pigeon Forge you will first attend a 20 minute training class where you will learn about safety procedures and body control techniques. Then, you will be given your helmet, suit and other safety equipment.
Make sure that you wear comfortable clothing and that you are not wearing sandals or open toed shoes. Empty your pockets before you fly and remove all of your jewellery. Let your instructor help you into the air tunnel and get ready for lift off!