There's truly something special about enjoying a scenic mountain view from the sky above. Pigeon Forge helicopter rides let you take off and take in breathtaking vistas from a whole new perspective. Scenic Helicopter Tours offers an exciting and affordable way to see the Great Smoky Mountains. Prices start at just $29 per person. Unique and customized flights are more expensive, but undoubtedly worth it for anyone who wants to see the Smokies from above!
Scenic Helicopter Tours
Scenic Helicopter Tours offers several categories of sightseeing tours from above. All Helicopter Adventure Guides offer narration and information as they show you the Smokies from the sky. All flights are FAA and National Park Service approved. Flights take off from the heliport at 1949 Dunn Parkway in Sevierville. However, you can buy tickets right from the Parkway from the ticket office at 1965 Parkway in Pigeon Forge.Scenic Helicopter Tours
GSM National Park Tours
There are four different helicopter rides that you can take over the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. These tours will take you over the peaks and valleys of the Smokies and range from 50 to 100 miles, depending on the flight tour selected. You'll get views of Elkmont, Tremont, Meigs Mountain, Thunderhead Mountain and more.GSM Tours
Take a tour for 2 and see the Smokies from above! See an extended lake tour, fly along mountain ridges, or even enjoy a flight and picnic with special tours. Scenic offers multiple specialty packages with customization options (like adding roses, chocolates and wine) to make your trip a truly memorable experience.Specialty Flights
Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge Helicopter Rides
See the lights of the Parkway from above with Scenic Helicopter tours! Night flights let you see Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg twinkle from above. Daytime tours can take you over Wears Valley and other scenic sights.Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg Tours
Planning for Pigeon Forge Helicopter Rides
Take to the skies and see the rolling hills, dipping valleys, rocky peaks, and wonderful waterfalls of the Great Smoky Mountains with a bird's-eye view! The unmatched scenes you'll enjoy from a Pigeon Forge helicopter tour will leave lasting impressions and a lifetime of memories. There are a few things you need to know before booking a Pigeon Forge helicopter tour.
- Reservations: In most cases, reservations are required for Pigeon Forge helicopter rides. This means you'll need to book your sightseeing from the sky in advance.
- Number of passengers: A helicopter charter for 2 is a romantic and exciting way to spend time in the Smokes. If you'd like to bring the family, be aware that most charters can handle 6 passengers at most.
- Step on a scale: Keep in mind that FAA regulations require that each passenger is weighed before boarding the helicopter. All information is only shared with the flight crew for safety reasons and is otherwise confidential.
- Weather conditions: Safety is important when planning a Pigeon Forge helicopter tour. This means tours won't operate under inclement weather conditions. Check the forecast in advance.
- Take pictures: Make sure your camera is handy as you take to the skies! Most tour operators allow photos from the helicopter.
- Fly any time of year: Consider seeing winter's frost and snowy mountain peaks from above. Spring colors and bright fields of wildflowers make a spring helicopter tour special. Summer's sunny views and flowing waterfalls are a delight when seen from above. And of course, blazing fall colors in the fall make seeing the Smokies from the sky extra special.
Ready to explore more of the Smokies? Browse more Smoky Mountain tours you can take to experience what really makes East Tennessee special.