The winter season in the Smoky Mountains can be a bummer for many outdoor enthusiasts or just plain cold-natured people who prefer warm, wide open spaces. Not that the Smokies aren’t beautiful coated in a blanket of snow; if you can brave the cold, a winter hike is totally worth it. But let’s face it. Sometimes we just want to stay in the warm indoors. Luckily Pigeon Forge has plenty of indoor activities to enjoy.
Pigeon Forge Indoor Activities
- Cozy up by a warm Pigeon Forge cabin rental with a fireplace. Winter is the perfect time to get close to your loved ones and appreciate each other’s company while snuggling up under a blanket near a fire with some hot cocoa.
- Hit up the outlets on a Pigeon Forge shopping trip. While you’re out and about, be sure to stop by Smith Creek Moonshine to sample one of their 13 flavors of delicious moonshine. Try their Apple Pie or Cinnamon flavors to warm up and embrace the winter season.
- Come take the challenge at Headcase Escape Adventure! Join them for an amazing journey through creative room concepts and compelling technology. Their friendly staff will skillfully guide you through your adventure of choice in an interactive, team-building environment. Come challenge your mind with puzzles and riddles, all while testing your ability to collaborate with others throughout the adventures. Great for any age!
- Visit one of the unique and entertaining Pigeon Forge museums. If you’re a pop culture enthusiast, stop by the Hollywood Wax Museum. Or if history is more your thing, check out the incredible Titanic Museum. Want to check out something new? We absolutely recommend the newest musuem in Pigeon Forge: Alcatraz East. Learn about the history of crime and crime fighting in America while also playing some exciting games and seeing some legendary items you wouldn’t get the chance to see anywhere else. Also be sure to check out our 5 Must See Exhibits & Items at the Alcatraz East before you go!
- Beat the crowd and catch a flick at Governor’s Crossing Stadium 14. You can always check out their movie schedule on our site and pick a movie or two that you and a friend can pair with a giant tub of popcorn and enjoy together.
- It might be cold outside but you can get your blood pumping at this indoor trampoline park! One pass gets you into all the trampoline areas – open jump, dodgeball, basketball, ninja course, gladiator pit, air bag, and the kid zone. The kid zone has kid-friendly trampolines, a foam pit, and a giant ball pit. TopJump also features the LARGEST Clip ’n Climb Center in the United States with 21 climbing lines for every skill range.
- Take a leap of faith with Fly Away Indoor Skydiving, the longest running wind tunnel in business today. You can still mark it off your bucket list, even if it’s indoors! Test your skills of human flight without the altitude scaring you away. No experience is needed, and all ages are welcome.
- Spice things up at “The Planet’s #1 Hot Shop” Pepper Palace. What better way to escape the cold weather shivers than some of the hottest hot sauce around? Their “Death By Wings” sauce is described as “Insanely hot wing sauce that will burn you down.” If that’s a little too extreme for you, try their Honey Chipotle Rum BBQ sauce or some of their milder flavors.
- Explore the different species and exhibits at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies. The aquarium is a classic on any Smoky Mountain to-do list, and even if you’ve been before, you’re guaranteed to appreciate the beauty and wonder of oceanic life time and time again. Say hi to the penguins for us!
Looking for more things to do in Pigeon Forge? Check out our list of 25 Rainy Day Activities for more awesome suggestions, and keep up with our events page for information on what’s happening around town this winter.