Everyone boasts about the Smoky Mountains in the fall and forgets to appreciate the magic that Pigeon Forge has in the cooler months. So this is your reminder to embrace the fun winter activities that are offered during this short, sweet season and to cross off as much as you can from your Pigeon Forge Winter Bucket List before it’s too late. Because before you know it, the flowers will be blossoming, sun will be beaming down and the winter wonderland atmosphere will be gone. This list of things to do before spring is certain to keep you entertained and feeling accomplished on your next Pigeon Forge vacation.
Pigeon Forge Winter Bucket List:
- Build a snow man
- Go to at least one indoor attraction
- □ Cozy up by a warm cabin fire
- Warm up with a hot cup of coffee or hot cocoa
- Go to a dinner show
- Try a seasonal moonshine—Hint: With so many local moonshine distilleries in the Smoky Mountains, you have several seasonal flavors to choose from.
- Take a trolley ride with the family—Hint: Winterfest’s Trolley Tour of Lights lasts until February 28th, so don’t miss your chance to see downtown Gatlinburg lit up.
- Go on a winter hike. Hint: There are several hikes that get forgotten about in the summer months that are perfect for the winter. Try a short, easy winter nature trail or hike before the leaves fill in.
- Hit the slopes at Ober Gatlinburg
- Taste some down-home country cooking
- Go shopping at the outlets
- Experience Smoky Mountain traditions! Hint: The 16th annual Saddle Up Event is the perfect opportunity to travel back in time and learn about Tennessee History with the cowboy poets, southern cooking and old western music.
- Take photos of the snow covered Smoky Mountains—Hint: Some of the best mountain views are when the trees aren’t full, so you can see for miles without anything blocking your view. Share your photos on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Up for the challenge? You only have a few more weeks to finish the Pigeon Forge Winter Bucket List before spring is here. And if you finish the list early, just add more fun challenges to complete.