Here’s a fun fact: About a third of all engagements each year in the United States happen between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. Now that the holidays are over and “engagement season” is behind us, many new brides-to-be are immersing themselves wedding-planning bliss. If you’re considering a Smoky Mountain wedding, you’re in luck: We have all the information you need to make your big day special.
Why Consider a Smoky Mountain Wedding?
Each year, more than 10,000 happy couples choose to tie the knot right here in the Smoky Mountains. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are known as the “wedding capitals of the South” and it’s easy to see why. The beautiful mountains make a breathtaking backdrop for all kinds of ceremonies and the region’s central location within a day’s drive of nearly 2/3rds of the country make the Smokies an easily-accessible place to hold a destination wedding.Get Married
Love is in the air in the Great Smoky Mountains, and here you’ll find everything you need to create your dream wedding, from beautiful chapels to award-winning spas to endless entertainment options. No matter whether you’re planning a huge occasion for hundreds of guests or an intimate ceremony with just the two of you, you’ll find what you need to make your big day special and memorable in Pigeon Forge and the Smokies.
Start Planning Your Smoky Mountain Wedding
Planning a wedding doesn’t have to be a headache. We’ve seen beautiful Smoky Mountain weddings come together with just a few days of preparation, but sometimes it’s best to take things slow and plan ahead. The following guidelines can help you make sure your Smoky Mountain wedding is the perfect starting place for your lifelong love story!
9 to 12 Months Before the Wedding
- Announce your engagement or throw a party
- Agree on a wedding budget
- Book your wedding venue (see PigeonForge.com’s picks for Smoky Mountain wedding chapels)
- Send out Save-the-Date announcements
- Start your gift registries
- Confirm your bridal parties
- Finalize your officiate/clergy
6 to 9 Months Before the Wedding
- Choose your wedding dress
- Confirm and secure your vendors
- Make and confirm reservations for guests (browse Pigeon Forge hotels, Smoky Mountain cabins and more)
- Finalize the guest list and order invitations
3 to 6 Months Before the Wedding
- Decide on bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen’s attire
- Mail out invitations
- Confirm catering menu
- Plan the rehearsal dinner (make things easy by choosing a Pigeon Forge restaurant!)
- Figure out wedding favors
2 Months Before the Wedding
- Purchase all wedding day accessories, like jewelry
- Book day-of spa appointments for hair styling and make-up
- Schedule all dress fitting and alteration appointments
- Confirm you have all documents and apply for a marriage certificate
1-2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Get a final headcount for guests and attendees
- Have final dress fitting
- Start any self-grooming routine
- Start packing for your wedding day
While you’re at it, get inspiration by following PigeonForge.com on Pinterest! Or, browse our extensive information about Smoky Mountain weddings, covering everything from popping the question to getting a marriage license!