While you can visit Sevier County's website to fill out the marriage license pre-application online and pay online, both parties must still go in person to a Sevier County Clerk Office to show photo ID and to pick up marriage licenses. You can do that at one of these three locations:
Sevier County Courthouse
125 Court Ave., Suite 202E
Sevierville, TN 37862
Mon-Thu • 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Fri • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
300 Pine Mountain Road
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Saturday Only • 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
405 Reagan Drive
Gatlinburg, TN 37788
Mon, Wed, Fri • 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday • 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
A few things to remember before driving to one of the Sevier County Clerk’s Locations:
- Both the bride and groom must be 18 years old. Circumstances where one or both persons are under 18 (minors) may call our office for detailed rules under which marriage is allowed.
- Present a valid driver’s licenses, or certified birth certificate.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, please bring your valid passport.
- Previously married persons must know the date their divorce became official, or the date of a spouse’s death.
- There are no waiting periods or blood tests.
- You may get married the same day as your license is issued.
- You may obtain your license up to 30 days before your wedding date. License is only valid 30 days.
- Both the bride and groom must be present to obtain a license.
Sevier County has been fortunate to be categorized in a tourism zone that allows us to offer a lowered rate for non-residents. Below is the rate structure:
- Fee for out of state residents is $41.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee
Fee for Tennessee residents is $101.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee.
NOTE: Tennessee couples with approved pre-marital counseling still receive $60.00 off their marriage license fee. The form filled out by their counselor must be notarized before it is turned in.