While you can visit Sevier County's website to fill out the marriage license pre-application online and pay online, both parties must still go in person to a Sevier County Clerk Office to show photo ID and to pick up marriage licenses. You can do that at one of these three locations:
Sevier County Courthouse
125 Court Ave., Suite 202E
Sevierville, TN 37862
Mon-Fri • 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
300 Pine Mountain Road
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Saturday Only • 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
405 Reagan Drive
Gatlinburg, TN 37788
Mon, Wed, Fri • 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Closed from 1-2 pm
Bluff Mountain Inn
1887 Bluff Mountain Rd, Sevierville, TN 37876
Bluff Mountain Inn is a hidden gem in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains designed to be a casually elegant destination-wedding venue, and is now offering overnight onsite lodging! A perfect opportunity to have your closest family and friends come in for a weekend of celebr... [+ More]
212 Dollywood Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Experience the ultimate vacation at RiverStone Resort and Spa, located just two miles from Dollywood and a short drive from the breathtaking Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Discover a luxurious oasis, where comfort and convenience meet elegant accommodations. Each of our... [+ More]
The Lodge at Brothers Cove
2930 Brothers Way, Sevierville, TN 37862
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN, The Lodge at Brother’s Cove is the perfect place to say, “I do” in the Smoky Mountains. Set against stunning mountain panoramas, The Lodge is a premier wedding venue situated on the 450-acre Brother’s Cove Resort. Its location is ideal for bot... [+ More]
Moose Hollow Lodge
2610 Waldens Creek Road, Sevierville, TN 37862
Moose Hollow Lodge offers the finest Smoky Mountain Lodge large group cabin rentals in Tennessee. Bring all of your guests to Moose Hollow Lodge for your cabin wedding, family reunion, or church retreat. Located just minutes from local dining and attractions in Pigeon Forge, Gatl... [+ More]
A few things to remember before driving to one of the Sevier County Clerk’s Locations:
- Both the bride and groom must be 18 years old. Circumstances where one or both persons are under 18 (minors) may call our office for detailed rules under which marriage is allowed.
- Present a valid driver's license, a state-issued photo ID, state ID card, military ID passport and Social Security number.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, please bring your valid passport.
- Previously married persons must know the date their divorce became official, or the date of a spouse’s death.
- There are no waiting periods or blood tests.
- You may get married the same day as your license is issued.
- You may obtain your license up to 30 days before your wedding date. License is only valid 30 days.
- Both the bride and groom must be present to obtain a license.
Sevier County has been fortunate to be categorized in a tourism zone that allows us to offer a lowered rate for non-residents. Below is the rate structure:
- Fee for out of state residents is $41.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee
Fee for Tennessee residents is $101.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee.
NOTE: Tennessee couples with approved pre-marital counseling still receive $60.00 off their marriage license fee. The form filled out by their counselor must be notarized before it is turned in.